1/21/14

Ayy-boo-boo

You know how people who religiously practice yoga are called yogis?

Yeah, every time I hear that I think of Yogi Bear.

The 2013 holidays were very different for me. Brandon and I never fully split holidays between our families before getting married, so this year's Thanksgiving and Christmas was a bit of shock to me (I know we're in 2014 but I'm too lazy to keep saying "last year's" because hello, it hasn't even been a month since Christmas). It was obviously hectic but also tons of fun. And I ate so much. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not one to eat a lot. My sister routinely pokes fun at the fact that I tend to leave like two bites worth of my meal "because I'm full."

But I really am full!

Anyway, this year's holiday season left me feeling...uncomfortable. I have a favorite pair of jeans that I wanted to wear a little after Christmas and I seriously had to take them off because they were so tight they were making my back hurt. I freaked out. I kept asking Brandon, How the hell did this happen? and his response was, Well, you've never been married before.

As if marriage causes women to gain weight or something. Maybe it does? I don't know.

I know what you're thinking. Oh my gosh, Alex, just get on with it. We get it. You couldn't fit into your jeans. Big whoop. That's so tragic.
I know. I'm sorry I sound whiny. I'll move on now.

My point is, I found this 30 day yoga challenge by some internet happenstance. And I decided that since my attitude toward cardio is:
 then this would be really kind of prefect for me. And it has been. The instructor is just the kind of personality I like. It's not cliché yoga at all. And it's 15 to 20 minutes a day...so doable.I don't even have a yoga mat! I folded up a blanket and that's what I'm using. And I actually look forward to this part of my day. So much so, I'm trying to get in the habit of doing some yoga in the morning before work, but lately I can't seem to leave my warm bed before 7 AM.

Someone (as in, one of the five of you who read this) should join in with me. Pleeeeeease?

♥ A

No comments:

Post a Comment