4/21/14

Miserable, Magical Monday

You know how real bloggers have a weekly series with an alliterative title? Like Tuesday Things or Friday Favorites? Well, due to my recurring sadness over awesome weekends ending and my overall love of Taylor Swift, I'm instituting my own alliteratively-titled series about random things that, independently, would make really bad blog posts. Maybe mixing them together will make it better? DARN! Melange Monday might have been a better name.

Shall we begin?

1. Barbara came up to stay with me and Brandon a few weekends ago and it was a dream. My sister was also in town and I've gotta say, having those two in my life those couple of days had me feeling the most complete I've felt in a while. I think it's decided that we all need to live closer to each other.

2. On the subject of hosting friends at your apartment: this was me and Brandon's first time having anyone stay with us. Heck, I don't even think we've had our parents come over for dinner or coffee in the last six months. (Is that wrong? I don't know the etiquette on this stuff.) Anyway, I'd also caught spring cleaning fever the week leading up to Barbara's visit so Brandon and I made some major progress in prep cleaning for our imminent move out. The funny thing is, we spent all week cleaning out our apartment to get it clean and ready for guests and after three days of hangouts, we for sure had to re-clean the main spaces of the apartment.

3. I'm thinking of writing my own BuzzFeed-esque article titled "17 Stages of Working a Desk Job." It begins with being so excited you got hired since you spent three months without receiving so much as a rejection letter. It goes downhill from there, but I won't tell you how it ends.
...
Or will I?

4. Brandon and I apartment hunted at the beginning of March. I had a blast looking at new places to live while I think he had more of a critical approach to apartment shopping. The trouble is, we went looking way too early. We thought our lease was up at the end of April and came to find out that it's actually up at the end of May. So the wonderfully HBS, tiny apartment out in the boonies with the massive kitchen that I loved is taken now. I was having a rough time adjusting to the idea of a whole extra month before getting a change of scenery and location, but before I knew it, it was Easter!

5. The month of March was incredibly busy. Eh, scratch that. The March weekends were busy. Brandon and I made little to no progress on That 70's Show because of how busy we've been each weekend. Honestly, it reminds me of being in college and having debate tournaments nearly every weekend. Except life was more enjoyable when I had books to read and assignments to complete in between the busy weekends. This month the weekdays dragged on in anticipation for the fun weekends. I'm setting an intention (look! I'm becoming a yogi!) to focus on my goals and dreams this month instead of holding myself down with the things I'd like to change in my life. Negativity breeds negativity. I've got to let it go, let it go. Can't hold it back anymore. Let it go, let it goo -- sorry, guys. I won't bore you with yet another rendition of that (wonderful magical beautiful) song.
...
OR WILL I?

6. I hadn't realized how much my little yoga sessions had affected my body until I took a four-almost-five day break. Good grief! My back was achy, my neck tight, my shoulders stiff. I know my work chair isn't helping, either, but dang! Talk about finding motivation to continue practicing yoga.

7. I have found the most delicious way to prepare tilapia ever. On Pinterest, obvi. Seriously, though. It is scrumptious. I started prepping it on Saturday for dinner before my in-laws invited me and Brandon for an impromptu steak dinner. As steak cooking newbs, we don't ever pass up the opportunity to eat steak. Especially when it's been grilled. It was totally worth saving the tilapia for a weeknight dinner because now I'll get to enjoy it while Brandon's entertaining his buddy for his birthday. That sounds so dirty. I need to clarify: Brandon is hanging out playing video games with his buddies at our apartment in celebration of a friend's birthday.

This has been the first of hopefully more Miserable, Magical Monday posts. I hope you had fun, or at least enjoyed the GIFS.

See ya,
♥ A


{gifs/video via via via via}

1 comment:

  1. Best friends and sisters really do just need to live very close to each other. Our own little towns would be preferred.

    So do you cook dinner every night like a real housewife?

    I look forward to this weekly series, since Mondays really are miserable.

    ReplyDelete